Holvi Business Prepaid MasterCard®
Terms and Conditions of Use
Holvi Payment Services Ltd
Last Update: October 25, 2018 v.2.2
Die Holvi Business Prepaid MasterCard® Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen sind zur Zeit nur in der verbindlichen Englischen Version verfügbar.
1 The card
- These terms and conditions apply to any holder of this Holvi Business Prepaid Mastercard® card (‘the card’). By using your card you are demonstrating your agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The card is promoted by Holvi Payment Services Ltd (co-brand partner) and issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Limited Registered Office: 3 rd Floor, Grainger Chambers, 3-5 Hood Street, Newcastle upon Tyne. NE1 6JQ. Registered in England No. 07875693. Authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (Firm Reference Number: 900051).
- The card will be provided in a stated currency. All references to that currency in these terms and conditions are relevant to you.
- The card is a prepaid payment instrument that draws funds from a linked payment account issued by Holvi Payment Services Ltd (“Holvi”), a payment institution authorised and regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority of Finland (FIN-FSA) for operations within the European Economic Area under the EU Payment Services Directive (2007/64/EC). The payment account is not a bank account and funds on the payment account are not covered by any deposit guarantee fund or compensation scheme.
- These terms and conditions and the Terms of Service of the payment account issued by Holvi are available online at the Holvi website. You ca2 Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following words and phrases have the meanings shown next to them:
ATM – means automatic teller machine or cashpoint facility or cash dispenser;
Business day – means a day between and including Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm (UK time) except for bank or public holidays in England and Wales;
Card – means your Holvi Business Prepaid MasterCard card (including replacement card);
Card scheme – means MasterCard;
Euro / € / EUR: All prices, limits, fees or similar expressed in Euro (€) currency may also equally apply in Pounds Sterling (£) or any other currency. The applicable currency will depend on the registered country of the customer.
Fees – a variety of charges that can be raised for purchase and ongoing use of the card;
Holvi Business Prepaid MasterCard – means a card with the features set out in these Terms and Conditions
Holvi website – means the websites operated by Holvi, including, but not limited to, holvi.com, about.holvi.com and support.holvi.com.
Payment account – means a payment account as defined in section 1.4 of these terms and conditions.
PIN – means personal identification number i.e. the security number provided for use with the card;
Purse value – means the maximum value of funds that can be held on the card linked payment account at any one time;
Supplier – a retailer, merchant or other supplier of goods and/ or services which accepts payment by means of a card, card number, PIN or card and signature;
Summary Box – The section that includes notification of charges, limits and restrictions associated with the card;
Supplier’s bank – the merchant acquirer used by the supplier for the purposes of receiving payments arising from transactions.
Verification of identity – means confirming personal identity and address of you by conducting electronic verification of your details or by you providing documentation of identity or by your employer providing verification of your identity;
We / us / our – means Wirecard Card Solutions Limited or co-brand partners acting on our behalf;
Year – 12 month period following the date when the card is issued to you and each subsequent 12 month period.
You / your – means the person/employee who has received the card and is authorised to use the card as provided under the terms of this Agreement.
3 Applying for your card
- To apply for or to use the Holvi Business Prepaid Mastercard card you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of an European Economic Area (EEA) member state.
- Your employer may apply for the card on your behalf and we may ask to see the evidence your employer holds to evidence who you are and where you live. We may require documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically. Such evidence may be provided on your behalf by your employer.
- If you are self-employed, you are considered to also be the employer.
- You may also be eligible for the card if you participate in the activities of a registered organisation and the organisation has applied for a card on your behalf.
4 Loading the card
- Funds will be loaded to your card by your employer.
- Funds cannot be loaded by you or accepted from any other source than your employer.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction.
- Once we have received a request from your employer, funds will be processed without delay and will normally be available for use no later than one hour after receipt of the request.
- Your employer may also load funds onto your card in real time if they have requested the facility to do this and we have approved this facility for them.
- The funds remain the property of your employer and unspent funds can be recalled by your employer.
5 Use of the card
- The card is provided to you for corporate expenditure use. Your employer may therefore define the merchant type or specific reasons when you may use the card for corporate expenditure.
- The card is a prepaid product which can be used to pay for goods and services at retailers that display the Mastercard Acceptance Mark. To use the card, present it at the time of payment. Use it in full or part payment of your purchase in which case you will be required to pay the outstanding amount of the purchase by an alternative means, for example, cash or debit or credit card providing the retailer accepts a combination of payment methods.
- When you receive your card, you must register at www.holvi.com and input the personal information unless your other card has been lost or stolen and you have reported the loss or theft to us.
- You must not make purchases that exceed the balance of funds available on the card. Your balance will be reduced by the amount of each purchase you make. If any purchase takes you over your available funds or the card limits in force the transaction will be declined.
- You can use the card to make purchases in-store, via the internet or over the phone. The card can be used to obtain cash through ATMs. There is no cash back facility. This is not a debit card supported by a bank account, and is not in any way connected to a bank account. It is also not a guarantee card, charge card or credit card.
You must not use the card for:
- pre-authorised regular payments;
- transactions for cash (other than ATM withdrawal) including for example cash back, cash from a bank, money orders, traveller’s cheques, foreign exchange, or bureau de change, or any illegal purposes.
- Your card cannot be used in situations where it is not possible for the supplier to obtain online authorisation that you have sufficient balance for the transaction. For example: transactions on trains, ships, and some in-flight purchases.
- We may stop, suspend or restrict your card or PIN on reasonable grounds relating to: ○ the security of your card, card number or PIN, and ○ the suspected unauthorised or fraudulent use of your card or PIN. We will, if possible, inform you before stopping, suspending or restricting your card or PIN that we intend to do so and the reasons for doing this. If we are unable to do so then we will inform you immediately afterwards. The requirement to inform you does not apply where it would compromise reasonable security measures or it would be unlawful to do so.
- We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with the card. We are not liable for the failure of any merchant to honour the card.
- We will not issue the main card under these terms and conditions to anyone under the age of 18 years old.
- You agree that any use of your card, card number or PIN constitutes your authorisation and consent to a transaction.
- The time of receipt of a transaction order is when it is received by us. If a transaction order is received after 17:00 Eastern European Time (UTC+2) on a business day then it may be deemed to have been received on the next business day. If receipt does not fall on a business day then it may be deemed to have been received on the next business day.
- You cannot stop a transaction after it has been transmitted to us by giving your consent to the transaction, or once you have given your consent to the supplier for a pre-authorised payment.
- We may refuse a transaction or suspend or terminate the right to top up your card. We may do this if the relevant phone or computer link is busy. We may also do this if:
○ a transaction might take you over your available funds on the card; or ○ a transaction might take you over any of your card limits; or
○ We reasonably believe that we need to do so to keep to the rules of the payment system under which your card is issued, or
○ We reasonably believe that it is necessary to do so to comply with any law or as a matter of good practice
- Payment transactions for unknown amounts - For card-based payment transactions where you do not know the exact amount of the payment transaction at the time you authorise it, we will not block funds on your payment instrument unless you authorise the exact amount to be blocked. We shall release any blocked funds without undue delay as soon as we are aware of the exact amount of the payment transaction and immediately after receipt of the relevant payment order.
7 Foreign currency transactions
- The card can be used for transactions which are not in the currency of the card although a fee will be applied for doing so.
- If you make a transaction in a currency other than the currency of the card we will change the amount into the currency of the card at the wholesale market rate or any rate that a government may set. We will charge a service charge (commission), see Summary Box.
- Exchange rates may change, and the exchange rate which applies on the date that you make your transaction may not be the same as the exchange rate we use on the date that we convert the transaction charge and deduct the service charge from your balance. The exchange rate applied will include this service charge. You can check the exchange rate used as described in condition 7. Your online statement will show the exchange rate and service charge.
8 Checking your balance
- To check the available balance on your card or to review your transactions visit the Holvi website or use the Holvi mobile application.
- Information on individual payment transactions that customer has done through their Holvi payment account is provided in customer’s Holvi account.
9 When your card expires
- The card’s expiry date is printed on the card. You must not use the card after its expiry date and you will not be able to reload it.
- If you have used your card in the period of four weeks we will inform you that we will automatically transfer the outstanding balance to a new card. The new card will be issued to you free of charge and sent to you at the address you have given us under condition 15.3 within two weeks of the expiry date. Tell us if you do not want your card to be renewed. To do this set your card parameters on the Holvi website.
- If your card has not been used in the four weeks prior to its expiry date, you will be sent an email asking if you want to replace that card and keep any existing balance on it. If you request that we do this, you will be issued with a replacement card within two weeks. A replacement card fee may apply (see Summary Box).
- If you renew your card in circumstances under conditions 9.2 or 9.3 this agreement will continue to apply.
- If you or your employer request that your card is not renewed under condition 9.2 and 9.3 or do not request a replacement under condition 9.4, you will not be able to use it after its expiry date.
- If your card expires and is not renewed or is cancelled by your employer, the balance on your card is returned to your employer
- You must sign your card as soon as you receive it and keep it safe. You must always make sure that you:
- do not allow anyone else to use your card;
- do not reveal your PIN and never write down your password(s), PIN or any security information you have given us unless you do this in a way that would make it impossible for anyone else to recognise any of that information;
- only release the card, card number or PIN to make (or try to make) a transaction, and
- If your card is lost or stolen or someone else finds out the PIN or if you think your card, card number or PIN may be misused, you must:
- ○ Contact us via the Holvi website, email or call us without undue delay on +358 75 326 3900 (DE, UK €0.014/min; FI, AT, EE €0.016/min)
- ○ so that we can stop your card and PIN; ○ if we ask, write to us within seven days to confirm the loss, theft or possible misuse (the address is email@example.com), and
- ○ stop using the card, card number or PIN immediately. If you find the card after you have reported it lost, stolen or misused, you must cut it up and tell us as soon as you can.
- If your card or any replacement card, is lost or stolen, once you have reported it you can request a replacement by contacting us via the Holvi website. We will charge a fee for the replacement card. This is set out in the Summary Box.
- You may not be liable for any use of the card, card number or PIN by another person who does not have your permission to use it or if it is lost, stolen or destroyed, unless:
- you agreed to that person having your card, card number or PIN, or through gross negligence or carelessness, failed to comply with condition 11.1, in which case you may be liable for any use that occurs before you tell us in accordance with these terms and conditions, or
- you acted fraudulently then, to the extent permitted by law, you may be liable for misuse of the card, card number or PIN.
- you may only be liable to a maximum of 150 Euros resulting from transactions arising from the use of a lost or stolen card or from the misappropriation of the payment instrument where the cardholder has failed to keep security features of the card safe. The 150 Euros liability limit is applicable to each instance of loss, theft or misappropriation and not each transaction.
- If your card is used without your permission, or is lost, stolen or if you think the card may be misused, we may disclose to law enforcement agencies, any information which we reasonably believes may be relevant.
- We will not be liable for:
- any abnormal or unforeseeable circumstances outside our reasonable control (for example, a failure of computer systems which happens for reasons outside our reasonable control or any industrial action which happens for reasons outside our reasonable control) if this prevents us from providing the usual service;
- any person refusing to accept or honour (or delays in accepting or honouring) your card, card number or PIN, or
- any cash dispenser failing to issue cash. We will not be liable for the way in which you are told about any refusal or delay.
- In case of errors or disputes about transactions, contact us via the Holvi website or call us on +358 75 326 3900.
12 Altering these terms and conditions
- We may change any of these terms and conditions, including fees and charges, or introduce new terms. If we make any changes, we will give 2 months prior written notice to you and your employer by email.
- If we change these terms and conditions, the new terms and conditions will be available at the Holvi website from the date the change takes place.
- You will be deemed to have accepted any change to these terms and conditions unless you notify us of any objection before the proposed date of the change.
- Between receipt of the notice and the proposed date of change, if you notify us that you do not accept the change, this agreement will terminate immediately and subject to condition 10.4.2 your employer can redeem the total balance at that time without charge.
13 Cancellation rights
- If you change your mind about having the card, you can cancel it within 14 days of the date you receive confirmation of your application being approved by contacting us via the Holvi website, email or calling us on +358 75 326 3900 (DE, UK €0.014/min; FI, AT, EE €0.016/min). You will not be charged for canceling the card during this period. We will refund any balance remaining on the card to your employer and any fees that your employer has paid.
- We will reimburse your employer in the currency the same as that of your pre-paid card
14 Ending this agreement
- We may terminate this agreement at any time. Unless there are exceptional circumstances we will give you 2 months’ prior written notice.
- You can terminate this agreement by contacting us via the Holvi website, email or calling us on +358 75 326 3900 (DE, UK €0.014/min; FI, AT, EE €0.016/min) subject to conditions 12.4 and 13
- If your employer does not redeem the full balance within 6 years of your contract’s expiry date, this agreement terminates.
- By entering into this agreement you agree that we may use your information in accordance with the ‘How we use your information’ section of these terms and conditions, as set out in condition 18.
- We may monitor and/or record telephone calls between you and us or service providers. ● You must provide us with an email and postal address and phone number and let us know of any changes.
- We may need to contact you urgently if we suspect or find fraudulent activity has occurred on your account (provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law) or if we suffer a security threat. To do so, we may (for example) call or email you, if we think this is the quickest way to contact you. When we contact you, we will also give you information on how you can minimise any risk to your payment instrument depending on the nature of the security threat. We’ll use the same contact details which you have already provided us with when contacting you.
- We may transfer our rights or obligations under this agreement or arrange for any other person to carry out its rights or obligations under this agreement. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this agreement.
- We can delay enforcing rights under this agreement without losing them.
- If we cannot enforce any paragraph, condition or part of a paragraph or condition under this agreement, it will not affect any of the other paragraphs, conditions or the other part of the paragraph or condition in this agreement.
- This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales. The language of this agreement is English and all notices and information given under this agreement will be in English.
16 Payment services information
- This condition 16 only applies if the supplier’s bank is located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and the payment services being carried out are transacted in Euro, or another currency of an EEA member state.
- We will ensure that a transaction you make is credited to the supplier’s bank, or that returned funds following redemption or cancellation are credited to your bank within these timescales:
Type of Transaction
Transaction carried out in a currency other than Euro (€) or Pounds Sterling (£)
Transaction involving more than one currency
By the end of the fourth business day following the day on which the transaction or order is received
Any other Transaction
By the end of the business day following the day on which the transaction order is received
- If you use your card or provide your card details to a supplier to make a transaction before you know the amount which is going to be charged to your card, then you may be entitled to request a refund if the amount is unexpectedly large, provided that you tell Holvi within eight weeks from the date the transaction is deducted from your balance but you will NOT be entitled to a refund if you have been told by us, or the supplier, of the amount of that transaction at least four weeks before the transaction is due to be deducted from your balance, and you consented to the transaction.
- On receipt of such a request under clause 16.3, we may require you to provide us with the information to ascertain whether the conditions in clause 16.3 have been met. Within 10 business days of receiving a request from you under condition 16.3 or of receiving any additional information required under this paragraph, we will provide a refund or justify why we are refusing the request.
- We are liable for the correct execution of the transaction unless we can prove that the transaction was received by the supplier’s bank, in which case the supplier’s bank is liable to the supplier. You may request that we make immediate efforts to trace an incorrectly executed transaction and notify you of the outcome.
- When a supplier initiates a transaction it is the supplier’s bank which is liable for the correct transmission of the relevant details to us. If the supplier’s bank can prove that it is not responsible for a transaction which has failed or has been incorrectly executed, we will be responsible to you.
- If we are responsible for an incorrect amount of a transaction being deducted from your balance, we will correct the error. If we are responsible for a transaction being deducted from your balance which you did not authorise, we will refund the amount of the transaction to your balance and treat the transaction as if it had never occurred. You must inform us of an unauthorised or incorrect transaction as soon as possible and in any event no later than 13 months after the debit date. If you do not do so, we may not be liable.
- We are not liable if you incorrectly identify the supplier under a transaction. In such a case, we will make reasonable efforts to recover the funds involved
17 Complaints and how to contact us
- If you would like to make a complaint, or contact us for any other reason connected to these terms and conditions please contact us via the Holvi website or call us anytime on +358 75 326 3900 (standard rates charged by your operator apply). We have procedures in place to make sure that we handle your complaint fairly and quickly. However, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR.
18 How we use your information
- We will search your record at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. These searches are to check your identity and we do not carry out full credit reference checks or credit scoring for this purpose. We will use an automated decision-making system to assess your application and verify your identity.
- If we are unable to verify your identity adequately, we may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to help confirm your identity and address.
- Credit reference agencies may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. An unrecorded enquiry will be made. An unrecorded enquiry is a search that was not made for lending purposes. It cannot affect your credit rating or score when you apply for credit. It is not seen by lenders other than the one that carried out the search. It is included on your credit report so you know the search was made but does not affect your credit rating, or score, when you apply for credit.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this with fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- The fraud prevention agencies will share records with other organisations. We and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies overseas.
- Please phone us on +358 75 326 3900 if you would like details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. You have a legal right to these details.
- You have certain rights to receive a copy of any information we hold about you. Please contact us via the Holvi website. We may charge you for this service.
- Some information held by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will be disclosed to us and other organisations to, for example:
- to prevent fraud and money laundering, by checking applications for credit, credit-related or other facilities, proposals and claims for all types of insurance, job applications and employee records, and to verify your identity.
18.4.2. The information held by these agencies may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- When you have an agreement with us we may use the following types of information about you:
- information you give us or we already hold about you, including any phone number you call us from, which we may record;
- information we receive when making a decision about your application or agreement, including information we receive from enquiries and searches made in your name with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- information (including details of payments and transactions) we may hold about any managed account or policy which you hold with or through us, and
- information we receive from anyone who is allowed to provide us with information about you.
- We will process, use, manage, control, release and record information about you to:
- search credit reference and fraud prevention agencies’ records (including information from overseas) to manage your account;
- manage your accounts and policies, and manage any application, agreement or correspondence you may have with us;
- carry out, monitor and analyse our business;
- contact you by post, by phone or in another way about other products and services which we consider may interest you – unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive direct marketing;
- fight fraud, money-laundering, terrorism and other crimes, and
- keep to any laws or regulations in any country
- We may reveal information about you:
- to any person working for us or our co-brand partners;
- to fraud prevention agencies;
- to any organisation which backs any of our products which you hold;
- to any payment system under which we issue your card;
- if a payment is processed through a worldwide payment system, to certain authorities in order to detect and prevent terrorism (including authorities outside the UK);
- to any person to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you, and
- to anyone you authorise us to give information about you to.
- Processing your information, as described above, may involve sending it to other countries outside of the EEA including the United States of America. In such circumstances we are responsible for making sure that your information continues to be protected.
- We will keep information about you for only as long as we need to or is required to meet legal obligations.
19 SUMMARY BOX
All charges related to Holvi Business Account can be found in pricing page.