1. Is My Personal Data Safe?
Privacy is very important to us and we are determined to protect your personal data as well as your money.
Holvi will never hand over your data to any third parties without your consent or without a legal obligation to do so.
2. How do I keep my money safe - most common types of scams
Phishing can be executed in different ways. A common method is to that the fraudsters creates a website that looks almost identical to an official website. This means that both the domain (URL) and the appearance looks similar. These sites are made in order to fool a person into believing the site is legitimate.
Another common type of scam is phishing attempts sent by email in the name of banks or payment institutions requesting the victim's online login credentials, passwords and card details. These emails might look genuine and convincing.
Do not log in to Holvi by searching for Holvi in a search engine as the search result might include sites that are phishing sites and not the official Holvi page.
Banks and payment institutions will never ask for online banking credentials (login and password) or card details.
Tips on how to keep your money safe:
- Log in to Holvi service through the mobile app or directly typing https://www.holvi.com/ in your browser and bookmark the safe page. Don't search for Holvi in search engines and do not click on any Ad links.
- A secure site is a site that has https in its URL and a small lock symbol next to the URL in the address field
- If you receive a suspicious email sent in Holvi name, please delete the email. You can verify with our customer support if we have tried to contact you.
- Please check the authenticity of an email by checking if the sender's email looks legit. If the address looks suspicious, the message is most likely sent from a fraudster.
3. Is My Money Safe?
Yes, your money is safe with Holvi. We’re licensed and regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority of Finland (FIN-FSA) as an authorised payment institution under the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2). This licence allows us to offer our services within the European Economic Area.
The European Banking Authority (EBA) guidelines tell us exactly how we need to hold and safeguard our customers’ funds. In accordance, we hold funds in separate accounts with partner banks, where they’re safely protected under the applicable deposit insurance.
To sum up:
- Your money is safe with Holvi
- All Holvi customer funds are held in separate accounts at partner banks. This means that in the unlikely event of Holvi's insolvency, customer funds would remain unaffected
- Our customers can access their money at any time
4. What Technologies Does Holvi Use to Secure the Site?
Holvi follows security standards defined by the FIN-FSA, including standard on Reliable Governance and Risk Management. We use the latest tools and techniques to secure our network, servers, software and web applications.
Holvi services are built upon secure Amazon Web Services and robust open-source components. Amazon Web Services are located in the EU region.
Your communication with the website is protected by strong TLS/ SSL encryption.
5. How Does Holvi Manage My Confidential Information?
Security is Holvi's top priority. All customer information is securely stored within Holvi’s systems. We provide bank standard security for all our customers’ personal data.
According to Finnish law, we are required to comply with the customer due diligence standards, which means that we must identify and know our customers. Besides personal details of the customer, we must have sufficient information on the customer’s activities, financial position, banking practices, and purpose for which the services are used.
Your confidential information is used for customer verification purposes, so that we can identify all Holvi account ownerships as required by law, and to contact you with regards to your account. Furthermore, customer information is used for the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing. Holvi is working actively to protect your financial interests and also counteracting illegal activities such as fraud attempts, ID theft, human trafficking, drug dealing, terrorist financing and financial crime like money laundering and tax evasion.
Any information or documentation given to us is treated in confidence in compliance with the Finnish guidelines on banking secrecy. Holvi will never hand over your data to any third parties without your consent or without a legal obligation to do so.
According to the applicable prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing regulation Holvi is required to store customer due diligence and transaction information for five years after the termination of a regular customer relationship.
6. What Can I Do To Keep My Own Computer Secure?
Always install the latest security updates and an up-to-date anti-virus software. Avoid installing applications from sources you don’t trust completely. Do not open any suspicious email attachments or click on links received people you might not know. Keep and use your access codes carefully and do not let other people use your accounts.