1. How do I match a payment to an invoice?
When an invoice is paid using the correct reference number, the incoming payment is automatically linked to the invoice. If the reference number is missing or incorrect, you must assign the payment manually:
Payments that arrive without a reference number end up in the category Uncategorised. From here, you can then match it with the payment.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Choose invoices
- Select the invoice you want to merge with the payment.
- Scroll down to Payment matching
- Select Match
- Now you see all payments that have landed in Uncategorized
- Choose the appropriate payment for the account and now they are already merged!
If you can't find the option "Match to payment" but you are sure the payment has already arrived, please check the following:
- The payment you want to match to the invoice has to be in category "uncategorised" for the matching to work. Please locate the payment in your home feed and change the category accordingly, if it had already been re-assigned to a different category.
2. A payment matched to the wrong invoice. Can I unmatch it?
Invoices that were created and matched after thee 11th of March 2021 can be unmatched from the transaction. Open the invoice in your browser, scroll down to Payment matching and select Unmatch to do so.
This option is not available for older invoices.
3. How can I match multiple payments to one invoice?
If your customer has paid an invoice with several payments, you can match all of these to the invoice. The payments have to be in the bookkeeping category "uncategorised" for this.
4. How can I match multiple invoices to one payment?
Unfortunately it is not possible to match several invoices to one payment, every invoice has to be paid with a separate payment.