1. Why has Holvi started to charge VAT?
Due to changes in our monthly service plans, effective from 1st May 2018 onwards, Holvi is now required to charge value added tax (VAT) for its additional tools and services. This charge will vary depending on your plan and account usage and will be reflected in your monthly bill from Holvi.
2. Does Holvi charge VAT on all services?
We differentiate between payment services and add-on services (SaaS services). Holvi is required to charge VAT on all add-on services (not payment services).
Payment services are:
- Holvi Business Account
- SEPA Transfers & SDD
- Instant Top-Up
Add-on services are:
- Online Store
- Salaries (FI only)
- Holvi Business Mastercard
- Monthly subscription
- Other fees
More information can be found in the Pricing Terms.
3. Is the VAT included in the mentioned pricing model or does it come on top of it?
The VAT is not included in the pricing overview and will come on top of it.
4. Does the VAT-liability also affect the PRO/BASIC/E-residency pricing plan?
The PRO & E-residency pricing models will now also include the VAT starting 1st May 2018. The tax will be added on top of the fees and will be displayed on the invoice which is always sent at the beginning of the following month. We are not required to charge VAT on the BASIC pricing model. If you however use add on services that are subject to VAT, this VAT will be added to your service fees.
5. Reverse VAT for companies based outside of Finland
If your company is not based in Finland, please find important information about the reverse VAT here.