What You Need to Know About Holvi Business Debit Mastercard®
Holvi Business Debit Mastercard allows you to make purchases and withdraw cash worldwide wherever Mastercard is accepted. It makes your bookkeeping and expense management easier.
In this section you will learn how to order your card and how to use it. You will also learn about the limits and security of the card.
How to Order Your Card
Once your profile is fully verified, a Holvi Business Debit Mastercard® will be ordered to you automatically. Holvi’s Starter pricing plan includes 1 card and Grower and Bookkeeper include 3 in total. Additional cards can be ordered for an extra fee.
For ordering a card, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the account settings, then payment cards menu in your account
- Click START or Create New if you already have existing cards
- Name you card (this is only a "nick name" of your card, it will not be printed to the card). Your Holvi Business Debit Mastercard® will have the following information in front: name of Card Holder, name of business
- Then define the restrictions - click NEXT
- Pick the cardholder - here you see all verified account administrators - click next
- Choose the delivery address - if your home address is not visible here, please add it from the add new address button - click next
- Review the order
- Make sure to deliver a proof of address document* if your address is unverified
- Agree to the terms and that the submitted info is correct
- Click confirm and order
*If you don't yet have a verified address we ask you for a Proof of address - e.g. a utility bill scan (no older than three months) with your name and current residential address on it (your personal address, not business). It can be a phone bill, electricity bill, tax card, insurance bill or any other official document that has the previously mentioned information.
Your card order will be processed and you should receive your brand new Holvi Business Mastercard within 10-15 business days.
Please also note that if you open a new company account for another company in Holvi through your user profile, the first card will not be automatically ordered when the new company is verified. To order a card separately, select the correct company > Account settings > Payment cards > Create new.
How to Activate the Card
To activate your Holvi Business Debit Mastercard® card and start using it everywhere Mastercard cards are accepted, do the following:
- Login with your Holvi credentials at https://holvi.com/card/activate
- Enter your card details to activate it and receive your PIN code
- Sign the signature panel on the back of your card
In order for you to be able to use the Holvi Business Mastercard card for payments at card terminals, you first have to activate the PIN by entering it at an ATM. You will not have to withdraw money at that point, the PIN will already be activated simply by entering it, so you can also "cancel" the withdrawal. After this, you will be able to use your card with your PIN at card terminals.
Please note that you will not receive a separate letter with your PIN, instead it will be shown to you in your account after activating the card.
How Does the Card Work?
Your Holvi Business Debit Mastercard is directly linked to your Holvi account, meaning that it will use the funds you have on this account. In order to use your Holvi card, please make sure that you have enough positive balance on your Holvi account.
All purchases that you have done with your card will be shown in your Holvi account’s feed in the transactions menu. From here you may edit or recategorise each transaction as you wish. You are also able to add pictures of receipts following these instructions:
- From under your account settings menu > payment cards > Transactions > Attach a receipt or click Attachments tab (when looking at a transaction)
- From under your Payments menu > Select a payment > Attach a receipt or click Attachments tab (when looking at a transaction)
Spending and Withdrawal Limits
|POS card payments limits for card purchases (i.e. physical store and online)||ATM cash withdrawal limits|
|Minimum transaction amount||-||10€|
|Maximum transaction amount||7,500€||3,000€|
|Daily volume limit||7,500€||3,000€|
|Last** 30 days volume limit||40,000€||15,000€|
|Last 365 days volume limit||300,000€||75,000€|
|Daily max frequency||30||10|
|Last 30 days max frequency||150||30|
|Last 365 days max frequency||2000||360|
More information about Spending and Withdrawal Limits can be found here.
To ensure the security of your Holvi Business Debit Mastercard®, there are useful security measures when using the card, such as push notifications notifying you via the app whenever the Holvi card is used, blocking the card easily if it's lost from your Holvi account and a Mastercard® Identity Check™ 3D Secure authentication to online payments made to prevent unauthorised transactions. More information can be found here.
Here are some more helpful articles about Holvi Business Debit Mastercard
1. Where can I find more information about the applied fees?
More information about the applied card fees can be found here.
2. How can I block my card?
You can temporarily block your card by going to account settings > payment cards > choose the card you want to block > Block. More information about the card management can be found here.
3. I forgot my PIN. What to do?
You can check your PIN by going to account settings > payment cards > choose the correct card > Show PIN. Holvi will send a confirmation code to your mobile phone. More information about the card management can be found here.
4. How do I destroy my card?
If you want to destroy your Holvi Business Debit MasterCard®, you can cut it in half (remember to also cut the chip) and contact our support team at email@example.com to destroy the card in the system.