Did you discover an unknown authorisation or debit from your Holvi Business Mastercard? As a rule of thumb always block your card immediately and report any unauthorised use of your card directly and without delay to Holvi. Always report fraud to the police.
Follow these steps:
- If you spot a transaction with your card you cannot identify or was unauthorised you must block your card immediately and cease using it. You can find the card settings via the account settings on the lower left of the browser window or via Profile in your Holvi app, simply click on your card there.
- You are required to inform Holvi about your suspicions.
- If you simply need more information about a payment and don’t think it is fraud or are unsure you can send us a general support request. We will check the situation for you and advise if you should fill in a dispute.
- If you know or suspect the payment is fraudulent / unauthorised please fill in this form. Important: you must submit one form per transaction.
- If you suspect fraud please also report the transaction to the police.
- We will get back to you via email. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and spam folder in case we have any additional questions.
How do I block my card?
You can find out how to block your card here.
Why did you block my card?
While we understand that blocking the card can be an inconvenience, it is absolutely necessary to prevent further unauthorised use and to protect your funds. As per the terms and conditions for your Mastercard we therefore have to block it in case you file a dispute.
If it has been established that your card details are compromised we have to destroy your card. You can order a new card in that case.
Why do I need to fill in one form per transaction? Even if I file multiple disputes for the same merchant?
This is due to how Mastercard processes card payment disputes. Even if they payments are from the same merchant you need to still fill in one form for each transaction.
How long does it take to get my money back?
The dispute process can take several weeks. Please also note that filing a dispute is not a guarantee that you will get your money back.
The dispute process is complex and regulated. We must report transactions to Mastercard and for that gather sufficient information and evidence. We might also be required to wait a certain period of time (e.g. the merchant must have sufficient time to ship a product).
How can I speed up the dispute process?
- Take initiative and try contacting the merchant to resolve the issue. Please send us screenshots of the results of that communication as soon as possible
- Describe clearly and honestly what happened and send us any relevant information, e.g. the bill for the ordered product or service, a screenshot of your communication with the merchant, etc.
- Reply promptly and clearly to our questions and emails
I don't recognise a transaction/merchant, what do I do?
Block your card and contact us so we can see if we can give more information or if a payment dispute is needed.
I have a disagreement with a merchant but it's not fraud. What do I do?
You always need to try to solve the disagreement with the merchant first. This is also usually faster than going through the dispute process.
If you suspect a merchant to be fraudulent, block the card immediately and fill out this form (please note: you need to fill out one form per transaction).
There is a reservation on my card but the transaction was cancelled. Do I need to file a dispute?
The time a reservation stays active is defined by the merchant, this can range from 24 hours to 30 days. If the merchant cancels the transaction the reservation is usually not released immediately but stays active until the original reservation period expires. Reservations need to be lifted by the merchant and Holvi cannot influence the reservation period or lift.
Unless you suspect the merchant to be involved in fraud you don't need to contact us.
I disputed a transaction and it was refunded. Now you deducted it again. Why?
This can be for one of two reasons:
a) The merchant refunded the transaction themselves. In that case we deduct the amount we previously refunded. Please check your transactions to see if you received a refund from the merchant.
b) The merchant provided proof that shows that the dispute is invalid. We will inform you about this via email.
Why do you not refund an authorisation on my card?
An authorised transactions is only reserved. The money has not left your account yet and therefore cannot be refunded. A reservations are usually blocked for 24 hours to 30 days (the period is defined by the merchant) and is released automatically if the merchant cancels the transaction.
What can I do to keep my card and account information safe?
- Check your transactions and account statement regularly for any unknown, suspicious or unauthorised card transactions.
- Never share your card details with anyone, nor give your card to someone else to use.
- Beware of phishing attempts, this can be emails asking for your full card number, the security number (CVV) from the back and other card details. Never click any links or download attachments from such emails.
- Holvi will never send you emails asking for your password or complete card details, nor the CVV.
- Only enter your card details online on trusted and secured sides. One feature of a secure site is that it has https in its URL and a little lock symbol next to the URL address field.