1. Holvi app push notifications
For protection from unauthorised transactions, we use Mastercard® Identity Check™ 3D Secure 2 authentication to online payments made using your Holvi Business Debit Card.
3D Secure 2 supports richer data exchanges between your Holvi account and the merchants selling you online products or services. Simply put, 3DS2 can better assess how risky a particular payment is. If your payment satisfies certain criteria, it’ll get a free pass. This is called ‘passive authentication’, where no action is required on your part to authenticate a payment.
If your online payment is ‘challenged’ (i.e., if it doesn’t satisfy the strict security requirements for passive authentication), you’ll be guided to the Holvi mobile app where you can easily confirm your identity using your fingerprint or face recognition.
For safety reasons, all Holvi cards come with spending limits. Read more about daily volume limit, last-30-days volume limit, last-365-days volume limit and frequency limits.
Your debit card PIN will lock after 3 failed attempts. If this happens, you can unlock it in your Holvi account's Cards menu.
Once you unlock the PIN, we recommend visiting an ATM and withdrawing funds to make sure the change was successful.
- Some ATMs may have a PIN unlock option which alternatively you can use instead
- If, after you unlock your PIN from the account instead of an ATM, you try to go to a physical store POS terminal, the first purchase attempt with the card may be declined and it will succeed only at the second attempt
- eCommerce transactions (CNP) at online stores will keep working
Lost or stolen Holvi card?
The first step is to lock your card. Don’t worry you can unlock it the second you find it again – but it's good to be safe. To lock your card:
- Log in with your Holvi details here
- Follow the instructions on your screen to lock, cancel and replace your lost or stolen Holvi card