Is your German UG or GmbH still in the founding phase? No problem! At Holvi we offer founder accounts to UG and GmbH businesses with headquarters in Germany.
Note: Unfortunately, we cannot offer founder accounts for Austrian companies.
In order to guarantee a carefree and smooth process, we kindly ask you to carefully read the information below.
How to open your founder account
Open your Holvi account and choose the correct company form of UG or GmbH - there is no separate choice for a company in founding.
- If you want to choose the pricing plan Grower without the monthly fee for 1 month, please use the promo code HOLVIGRUENDER or register your account through this link.
- Identity verification: During the account opening, you will be prompted to go through a video chat with IDnow to verify your identity. Find more information here.
- If your business does not have a tax number yet, check the option that you have not received the tax number yet. This can be added later by contacting support.
- If you don’t have a VAT ID yet, choose the option that you do not have a VAT number - the number and VAT liability can be added once you have received it in the account details or by contacting support.
- Choose your correct Register Court and enter the register number 123456 (or any other 5- or 6-digit fantasy number if this is already taken)
- Choose the pricing plan of your choice for your founder account (you can change the pricing plan at any time).
- Founding documents UG and GmbH: In the next step, we need your signed and certified founding document, which you have to upload to your account. Please upload the document in both fields for shareholder agreement and registry extract. As both fields have to contain documents, you can upload the same document twice in case your entire founding documents are in one file.
After successful account creation, we will add the note “in founding” to your account and your company for the duration of the founding process.
Should we require further information regarding your company, we will contact you via email as quickly as possible.
We will contact you once the verification has been completed successfully and your IBAN for transferring the share capital has been activated. Please complete the above listed steps, so we can complete the process smoothly.
Important information about the founder account
While the account is in founding status (after activation of the IBAN but before validation of the registry extract):
- The only payments that can be made from the account are payments which are directly related to the founding of the company (e.g. notary, district court)
- Incoming payments (other than depositing the share capital) are not accepted
- Your account will be terminated immediately if the IBAN is used for any other activities (e.g. incoming payments, direct debit,...)
- You cannot order a Holvi Business Mastercard
- You cannot invite other users to the account
You can only use your account fully without these restrictions after you have provided the registry extract and it has been validated by our verification team.
Important information about the share capital payment
- The share capital must be transferred from an account that was set up under the shareholder's name
- The share capital payment must be marked as a share capital transfer (please use the message field to do so)
- We accept one share capital transfer per shareholder. Every shareholder must transfer the share capital separately. It is permitted for one shareholder to transfer the share capital payments for all of the shareholders in one transfer.
(Please refrain from sending multiple share capital payments by several shareholders in one transfer or splitting one share capital payment by one shareholder into multiple transfers)