Is your German UG or GmbH still in the founding phase? No problem! At Holvi we offer founder accounts for UG and GmbH businesses with headquarters registered in Germany. Unfortunately, we cannot offer founder accounts for Austrian companies in foundation.
|In order to guarantee a carefree and smooth process, we kindly ask you to carefully read the information below.|
How to open your founder account
Open your Holvi account and choose your company form GmbH i.G. - GmbH in Gründung or UG i.G. - UG in Gründung.
- During the account opening, you will be prompted to go through a video chat with IDnow to verify your identity. You can find more information about the identity verification process here.
- Choose the pricing plan of your choice for your founder account (you can change the pricing plan at any time). There will be no fees charged while your account is in founding. The fees will only be charged once your account is fully verified after you have uploaded the registry extract.
- Before we can share the IBAN of your account for the share capital payment, we need your signed and certified founding documents from the notary, which you have to upload to your account. This is either the Gesellschaftsvertrag (incl. Gesellschafterliste) or your Musterprotokoll with the signature and seal of the notary and/or local court.
|We will contact you once the verification has been completed successfully and your IBAN for transferring the share capital has been activated. We’ll contact you via email in case we have any additional questions.|
Important information about transfer of the share capital payment
- The share capital must be transferred from an account that was set up under the shareholder's name
- The share capital payment must be marked as a share capital transfer (please use the message field to do so)
- We accept one share capital transfer per shareholder. Every shareholder must transfer the share capital separately. It is not permitted for one shareholder to transfer the share capital payments for all of the shareholders in one transfer.
- Please refrain from sending multiple share capital payments by several shareholders in one transfer or splitting one share capital payment by one shareholder into multiple transfers.
|By confirming that all share capital payments were transferred, you can continue in your account and download an account statement as a PDF file which you can provide your notary with for the finalisation of your company foundation, i.e. for the registration in the trade registry at the local court.|
Important information about the next steps of the founder account
While the account is in founding status (after activation of the IBAN but before validation of the registry extract):
- The only payments that can be made from the account are payments which are directly related to the founding of the company (e.g. notary, district court, public order office)
- Incoming payments (other than depositing the share capital) are not accepted
- Your account will be terminated immediately if the IBAN is used for any other activities (e.g. incoming payments, direct debit,...)
- You cannot order a Holvi Business Debit Mastercard
- You cannot invite other users to the account
You can only use your account fully without these restrictions after you have provided the registry extract and it has been validated by our verification team. Simply log in to your account again after receiving the trade registry extract and finalise your founder account opening.
- Enter your registry number and choose your local court.
- If your business does not have a tax number yet, check the option that you have not received the tax number yet. This can be added later by contacting support.
- If you don’t have a VAT ID yet, choose the option that you do not have a VAT number (the number and VAT liability can be added once you have received it in the “my businesses” settings in your account or by contacting support)
- Please upload your full trade registry extract. Documents older than 6 months can not be accepted unfortunately.
|We will contact you via e-mail once your account is fully verified for all business related purposes. Once your account is fully verified, you can use all features of the account according to your chosen pricing plan.|