💡 To use Google Pay, start by updating to the latest version of Holvi’s mobile app. Google Pay is currently only available in Finland and Germany.
You can use Google Pay to make both online and offline purchases, wherever contactless payments are accepted. You do not need to be connected to the internet to use Google Pay in stores.
Here's how to pay with Google Pay
🏪 Use Google Pay in stores
Step 1: Wake up & unlock your phone
Turn on your phone screen, and then unlock your phone. You do not need to open the Google Pay app.
Pay without unlocking
Depending on your country, smaller transactions don't require you to unlock your phone.
Finland: €25 limit
Germany: €50 limit
Step 2: Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds
When you’re done paying, a blue check mark will appear on the screen. If the check mark isn’t on your screen:
- Try holding your phone in a different way. Your NFC antenna could be near the top or bottom of your device
- Hold your phone closer to the payment reader
- Hold your phone for a few extra seconds
If there is a check mark but the cashier says the payment didn’t work:
- Double-check that the store accepts mobile payments
- Contact Holvi to make sure your card is working right
Step 3: If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions
Some stores use older software that asks for a PIN or signature. If you’re asked, follow the steps on your phone screen.
- Debit card: Enter your Holvi PIN
- Credit card: For larger transactions, sign the receipt or the signature box on the screen
⌚Pay with your smartwatch
To use Google Pay on your watch, you need to:
- Have a watch running Wear OS 2 or newer
- Have a watch with NFC
- Make sure the Google Pay app is installed on your watch. If it’s not already installed, you can download it from the Play Store
Here’s how to pay in-store with a smartwatch:
- On your watch, open the Google Pay app
- Hold your watch over the contactless payment reader until you hear a sound or feel vibration from your watch
- If asked, select Credit regardless of your type of card
- For debit card transactions, you may have to enter your Holvi PIN
📱 Use Google Pay online and in apps
When you shop online or in popular apps, you can pay faster using your Holvi card securely stored in Google Pay. With Google Pay, you don’t have to enter your card info every time.
When you can use Google Pay online and in apps
You can use your Holvi card and Google Pay online and in apps:
Check out with Google Pay
- At checkout, tap the Google Pay button
- If asked, choose a payment method and enter your shipping address
- Confirm your order