Want to verify faster? Read our guide!Verify faster
1. Why is identity verification necessary?
As a licensed payment institution, Holvi works in a highly regulated sector. This means we need to collect specific information to help fight against financial crime.
We act in accordance with the European Anti-Money Laundering Act to make sure all our customers are who they claim to be, and that their activity is 100% legal. This way, you and your hard-earned money stay safe!
To sum up, we verify your identity to:
- Protect Holvi customers from fraud and losses
- Protect Holvi from any kind of criminal activity
- Protect other people, authorities and financial institutions in contact with Holvi and our customers
2. How long does it take to verify my identity?
If everything is in order, your email address and home address are verified, and you’ve gone through the relevant process (Finnish bank identification, IDnow or AutoIdent), identity verification is completed instantly.
3. I only have a temporary ID / my ID is not accepted by IDnow
Unfortunately, we can't accept temporary ID documents. Also, if you’re verifying your identity using IDnow and IDnow does not support your ID, we’re unfortunately not able to provide any replacement verification method at the moment.
4. Why do I need to re-verify my identity after pairing a new device?
We know this is inconvenient, but this is an extra precaution we’ve deemed necessary to keep your account secure. After changing devices, please re-verify to use Holvi on your new device.Your account access will be restricted until you re-verify.
If you have more questions, please contact us via live chat or reach out here.
5. Does Holvi offer Post-Ident?
No, we do not currently offer this method of verification. For security reasons, please do not send us any documents by post or email.
6. I'm not receiving the code to start IDNow
This code can't be obtained through our mobile app. Please log in to your account in your browser to get the code. Once you have this, you can then continue verification through the mobile app.
7. My camera is not good enough for IDNow, what can I do?
IDNow will check the holograms on your ID documents. This is done to prevent fraud, and is essential under the regulatory requirements of the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) to complete identification in the financial sector. For security reasons, your camera needs to provide a clear enough picture to meet IDNow’s standards.
If your camera doesn't meet these standards, please try verifying your identity on a newer device – or clean your lens and try again.
8. I live in Finland, what can I do if I don't have a Finnish Bank ID or Mobile ID?
If you don’t have a Finnish Bank ID or Mobile ID, we’re unable to provide an alternate verification method at this time. We know it can be difficult for foreign citizens to obtain such an ID after arriving in Finland, and we sympathise with this issue, truly. However, for the time-being this is our only accepted way of proving it's really you opening an account.