1. What is the DATEV report?
Holvi offers two reports that contain all your banking and accounting data and are compatible with DATEV. In Germany, the majority of accountants work with the DATEV software. They can now upload Holvi DATEV exports directly into DATEV and do the final accounting there.
If you work with a DATEV accountant and want to use the DATEV export files, you can find a few tips here.
2. Where can I find the DATEV reports?
The DATEV reports are available for download on the left side of the menu under 'Reports' and can be downloaded for the exact date.
DATEV accounting reports contain the transactions including categorisation (according to SKR03 or 04) and VAT rate. The DATEV payment report contains only the transactions. Your accountant can upload these exports directly into DATEV and thus efficiently complete the final financial accounting. You can find further information here.
3. How do I use the DATEV reports?
- Create your accounting categories. For each category you can (after consultation with your accountant) enter the corresponding SKR03 or SKR04 account number. These numbers are then also included in the DATEV accounting report and can be transferred directly from your tax consultant to DATEV.
- Categorise all transactions and add the correct VAT rate so that they are also displayed correctly in the DATEV accounting report. Alternatively, you can arrange with your accountant to categorise the transactions for you in Holvi.
In order to make working with your accountant even easier, you can give him or her access to your Holvi account as an editor via Account Settings > User Management. You can find more information in our Help Center article on user management. Your accountant can then download the required DATEV reports himself.
In addition to the transactions, your accountant also needs all incoming and outgoing invoices. The invoices that are generated and uploaded in Holvi are currently available via 'Reports > Dropbox Exports'.