1. Why do I need the DATEV connection if I’m working with an accountant or tax consultancy?
DATEV is one of Germany's most popular accounting software solutions, used by many tax consultancies. It was designed to streamline collaboration between you and your tax consultancy by providing a fast and independent way for your accountant to retrieve all necessary financial data.
Connecting your business account to DATEV is especially beneficial for:
- Paying urgent bills to the tax authorities directly via the DATEV connection
- Generating comprehensive tax reports
- Ensuring you stay tax-compliant
- Sync account payment data to your accounting software
- Using a secure EBICS connection to keep your account info safe
- Initating payments such as invoices or salaries directly within DATEV
- Maintain a secure, standardised and failsafe line to your tax consultancy
2. Who can set up Holvi’s DATEV Connection?
For the time being, only the creator of the Holvi account can set up the DATEV Connection. If you are an admin or editor, please contact the account creator.
3. I have an active DATEV connection, when does the automatic data syncing occur?
After you have set up the DATEV Connection via your Holvi business account, your account data is automatically synced into the DATEV system on banking days. In your Holvi account, you can choose the sync frequency yourself - we recommend a daily sync.
Sync frequencies include:
- Daily (preferred)
- Four times a month
4. Do I need to print and mail a signed power of attorney?
There's no need to print or send any documents to establish your DATEV connection. Instead you will be asked to provide electronic consent. To provide electronic consent all you will need is an active Holvi account and a phone.
5. Do I have to authorise every payment that DATEV makes?
As you set up your DATEV connection, you'll be prompted to grant authorization to DATEV for delivering payment instructions to Holvi on your behalf. Once the connection is established, there's no need for manual authorization with every payment. This streamlined process not only saves you time but also reduces the likelihood of missing payment deadlines.
6. How much does the DATEV connection cost?
For the most up-to-date pricing information please visit our pricing page here.
7. What do I do if I have issues with the DATEV connection?
To receive help you have two options.
- If you’re having problems specifically with DATEV we recommend visiting the DATEV Online page. Here you can find helpful information and tutorials, or contact the DATEV support team directly.
- If you’re having an issue setting up the DATEV connection in your Holvi account our customer support team can be reached via email@example.com. For the speediest help, we suggest sharing a screenshot and a brief description of the problem, along with what steps you've taken so far. This way, our support team can assist you most efficiently!
8. I tried to set up my DATEV connection via HBCI and received an error message.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to connect Holvi and DATEV via HBCI. Instead, you will need to set up the connection via “Umsatzabholung” and “RZ-Bankinfo”.
You can find more information on how to set up your DATEV Connection in Holvi here.
9. What’s the difference between Holvi’s DATEV-compatible reports and the DATEV connection?
Currently, the DATEV connection only automatically syncs account transactions, like account statements. For the time being, any custom categories and VAT you've manually added will only appear in the DATEV-compatible reports, categorised according to SKR 03/04.
That being said, we recommend using the DATEV connection if you are working with a tax consultancy because it will enhance your collaboration and help automate your bookkeeping process.
10. What do I need to do to establish the connection between my Holvi account and DATEV?
From the Holvi side, you will need an active Holvi account (any pricing plan) and a mobile phone.
To establish the connection in DATEV you will need to have access to DATEV Online. If you are working with a tax consultancy they can help you with this.
11. How long does it take to set up my DATEV connection?
Setting up the DATEV Connection is quick and easy – it just takes 2 steps:
- Add your Holvi accounts in DATEV.
- Activate the DATEV connection in your Holvi account on the Connections page.
You can find more detailed information on how to set up your connection here.